View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Iceblossom

I'm slowly plugging away at my sets. I know some people think of me as a quilting machine but today it's taken me all day to finish cutting my Parakeet (gosh, that sounds bad...) and finish about 12 sets. There's a lot of not quilting going on! Going to try to be done before my Tuesday group but if there is another clue tomorrow it might motivate me to get going a bit.

Thanks for your comment, Kalama -- In many ways I'm enjoying these hand dyed fabrics and I think the end result will be lovely and so very not like me! It is pushing my comfort zone in many ways. I knew intellectually from the beginning and sure found out the reality quickly of how some of the fabrics are being down right mean to me (or I was too easy on picking them) and shifting into other color ranges or suddenly turning too dark or too light. But I really enjoy petting and playing with the pieces. I'm among friends and can admit that.

I'm also using a range of variations for my Parakeet. Many of them started from the same piece of just about exactly the paint chip piece of fabric and then I bleached and otherwise treated them as I was stabilizing the other pieces. I had the opportunity that I could have taken and used just that one solid piece of fabric and my life would have been easier... oh well, sometimes all you can say is oh well... That and that there is always something I would do differently, but at least I've grown increasingly happier about the school bus yellow instead of neutral.