View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM
happylab

While reading this thread, we had a thunderstorm, rain and “freezing rain”. It is the start of our winter storm this weekend. I question the freezing rain, b/c our surfaces are all warm. We broke a high temp 65F for January 9th, 2020. And today we go to winter weather. I guess our lovely warm winter weather is over for a while. Goodby 65F. I will miss you for a few months.

Well I’m not having much progress on my mystery steps. Other projects and life is getting in the way. I’m debating if I should follow her directions on cutting the flying geese or do the technique where I complete 4 at a time (my favorite technique and use my flying geese ruler to square them. I’m leaning towards this way. It way faster and easier than her confused method. (Sorry Bonnie). I have steps #1, 2, 3, Sewn, still needs squared. Step 5 is cut, just need to mark and sew. Then I will start on the step with the flying geese next and tackle the other 2 confusing steps (at least I think they are confusing). I just hope she does not do a step each day for the last week. That we actually have a full week before her reveal (so I can catch -up). Keeping my fingers crossed.

IB, I enjoy all of your comments and help. I think your dyes are beautiful. I’m really looking forward to your reveal. I’m enjoying everyone’s comments. And few pics I have seen so far. I do miss all of the possibilities we used to post and everybody’s progress in pics. That used to be one of my favor parts of this mystery. (I do understand why we can’t this year). Oh well, back to binding 2 black batik scrappy quilts. Pic hopefully will be posted in the UFO thread when I finish them soon. First I need to figure out how to post in this new quilting board layout.

Enjoy our mystery trip (and sewing etc.).