View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:22 PM
QuiltingLawyer

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I wonder if Bonnie gets nervous about how people will react? One thing I noticed is that a lot of Quiltvillians did not follow her values very closely this time, particularly the aqua. If that turns out to be important, I fear a Grand Illusion-type reaction.
I think she's done enough of these at this point and has a large enough following that she knows not everyone is going to be happy. It's just a part of the process. She says that this is reader appreciation and all that... but at the end of the day this particular quilt make her money. It drives people to her blog that wouldn't normally follow her. It gets people to buy her special ruler. And after it's done gets people to buy the pattern. This is her job. Yes she is a person that has feelings.... but she is also a business woman who knows what she is doing.

If people end up not liking the final product, that's the risk you take with doing a mystery. I am also a little worried that it is going to be way to busy for my tastes. Ultimately we can take the parts we like and rearrange to make something more restful if needed.