View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 07:16 AM
Iceblossom

Hmmm.... this is going to require more thought and more coffee.

While it doesn't bother me to have the rough edges for the setting triangles, I do that sort of thing all the time, it does bother me to have those unused pieces greatly.

Current thought is to just make them into full blocks, using what I've learned with being pickier on the yellows. Then take the blocks I'm unhappiest with and use them for the setting triangles, expect more of those pink ones in the edges along with the yellow/green bad combos and the ones with issues. No, it won't bother me to "do all that work" to put them together only to slice them apart -- I already did a lot of work in cutting and subunit assembly. Sometimes we call that crazy quilting for a variety of reasons. And hah! those funky monkeys that photo-bombed my progress shots will get culled out of the zoo by a quick flick of the rotary cutter. That first block where the one point disappears into the other square... well it will also disappear via rotary cutter.

I piece backs anyway, I'll make a sash of those sliced blocks and incorporate it there.

edit: I'll have to make the four corners as directed first and then yes, I think I will need to make some more 4-patches but I have plenty of narrow/short scraps. Another one of my problems in the early rounds was a red that had dark blotches and of course, just the dark blotch shows in the 1" square size. The sash would just be the triangles alternating in a single row, that should be enough to go across the quilt in one direction, or close enough for my purposes.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 01-26-2020 at 07:22 AM.