View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Iceblossom

Well, I got my Parakeet Sashing strips and extra Yellow/Neutrals cut while hubby was sleeping. I waited as long as I could and started sewing at the point he would usually be at work.

My first replacement block went well, I had the units stacked up and put together the subunits, so had already sewn most of the block and found the last one of my Aqua/Parakeet combos was one of the worst ever Funky Monkey! So no net gain on using that block to replace another block with errors, but I like the color combo better so I guess that Monkey is staying in.

I thought when we were making the subunits with the 4-patch, that they all went the same way. But then when I was working with the corner setting units that warped my fragile little mind and I couldn't get the twisting right. So no, I didn't need to make them in mirror image sets so long as I'm making them all into the subunit. It's working ok with my mirror images, but that was basically unnecessary.

I haven't pressed the border units yet, my goal is to take them to group next Tuesday to pin together into sets of 4, so I'm going to put that off for now.

I am, however, going to take a break from the setting/replacement blocks and sew my sashing units before they get more twisted around. That was one of the clues where I made too many because I had some random number in my head. I am going to keep all the darker reds in this round of connections, then count up what I have left and take out as many of the pinks and color-shifting into yellow that I can.

I'm forgetting who posted the picture, but one I could see the reds dance around in a circle more than in the others and I rather like that, so am going to put some emphasis where/when I have the chance.