View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 06:24 AM
Iceblossom

Woohoo! Poor sick Hubby has gone back to work and so I have my design surface to use again.

First shot, rough layout because I always have a hard time visualizing bed size from block size. So there is the top unstitched on a queen sized waterbed frame. It will tighten up a bit, but those blocks falling off the sides are not setting triangles, they are the full blocks and no borders yet!

The close up shows my new Parakeets I am using in the sashing, should have replaced all my closer-to-Bonnie's paint chip with this tone when I switched my neutrals to yellow. Not ever going to be entirely happy unless I rip out my previous pale greens and yellow and that just isn't going to happen, but I'm ok with this. The change makes it a little "blockier" in my opinion -- some people are getting marvelous circular effects.

Picture three shows the bright back with some squares up top... That's 8 yards of Alexander Henry southwestern cowboys and native americans with cactus and mountains in the background. For me it was a huge extravagant purchase, $24 for one piece of fabric... usually $20 fills my back seat.

Edit: Forgot the bit about no dark side/words to live by. Whenever I layout a project I remember a moment with a friend who I helped with a layout. She stood back and there was this little sigh and she said: It's so nice when you don't hate it.

Let's all have a day of not hating
Attached Thumbnails 100_5520.jpg   100_5521.jpg   resize-frolic-back.jpg