View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:25 AM
Iceblossom

Today's a new day and I am ready for my last grand work party before all my extra blocks are done. I hope, can't be much more than that. Maybe tomorrow.

Unless I've miscounted I believe I will have 9 additional full blocks, that's the count for now anyway. From the "setting sets" I made one set into all four corners, then I've made enough into two setting triangles for all needed. To finish the extra blocks I need to make a few more Blue/Red 4-patch units, and cut some more of those neutrals. Mostly all I've been doing is adding one extra "Corner" unit (4-patch, 2 neut, 1 HST) plus two rays of the star for those setting triangles. For the remaining sets I do have to make all four corner units.

I did get my border units pinned at group, still used up most of my pins, last time it was just two per piece and this time it was 3. Even got them sewn, not pressed yet.

I only had 3 block sets completed ready to turn into finished blocks but got those done yesterday as well and have replaced 3 of the worst workmanship blocks, even though one of the new blocks had a horrible funky monkey goose, the rest of it looked better than the one I took out. Hoping to smooth out my colors some with some of the rest of these extras.

Plan is still to put them on the back, but dang, 9 blocks is the start of something of it's own.