View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Rachelcb80

I haven't done any applique yet but just ordered a pattern for a quilt that has a lot of applique on it. (Yeah I know, nothing like jumping in with both feet!) There are some areas that have several layers and quite a few small pieces. I'm trying to read up on and decide on the best method of applique for me to use. I really like the fusible interfacing method (sew on right side of fabric, cut and turn right side out) but I think that only will work for larger pieces without a lot of detail (correct me if I'm wrong please). Seems like the needle turn method will probably be what I need to use, but I am not a very confident hand sewer. I don't really understand what type of stitch to use on the edge when needle turning either.

This quilt will just be a hanging so I am not concerned with the comfort of it, just the overall visual appeal. I'd love to use the interfacing if it's possible to use it on small and detailed pieces. If not, I guess I need to find a really good needle turn tutorial!

Just looking for a little advice from some of you who have way more experience in applique than me.