View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 04:30 AM
Snooze2978

This is such a funny article and I'll also be watching it. Please give us photos for anyone that jumps on this bandwagon.

My mother was a beautician and I used to color my hair auburn from its mousy brown color back when I was just 12yo. If I didn't get all the excess dye out it would run down my face when I went out to play, especially football. Yes, I'm a girl too but in our neighborhood we all joined in whatever the sport was back then. Anyway, I continued to color it auburn, then mother bleached it out one year for me and she'd bring home the almost empty temporary rinses home for me to finish off. I particularly loved the lavender one. During the Fall season I mixed up a couple colors and it came out pale orange just in time for Halloween. Then I went back to my auburn color for the rest of my life until I was getting ready to retire and knew I'd gained some greys. Decided since my income would be cut in half by my pension I decided to go natural and let the grey shine. I figured I work hard for those grey hairs and I cry everytime I loose one from brushing. Its now a nice streaked brown and grey, almost like a frost job and since I keep my hair up in a twisted bun I like it. Wont' be joining in on the wild colors but will keep my eyes for those that do. Have fun as we all need it after this year we've all had.