View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:35 AM
juliasb

My oldest sister was 21 years my senior as a kid when we would go to visit her she had some of the most beautiful quilts on her beds imaginable. Since here home was back deep in the hills of MO there were more than a couple quilts on each bed. I loved to go through them and just look at the different patterns. I also would watch her cutting up pieces on newspaper. The fabrics were always feed sacks. I craved learning at her feet. We were never there long enough for me to learn much by observation. It wasn't until I was in my 30's that I started to learn to do patchwork quilting. After she got older she sent to me many of her pattern books and I cherish them and have used them for a number of quilts. Using a rotary cutter made the process much easier that how I watched her cut with scissors. As a teen ager she sent to me for Christmas my first completed quilt top. It took me a couple years before I sewed it together for use. It finally wore out. I only wish I still had it.. My earliest memories of course were of my oldest sister.