Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
SewOK

I live in the oklahoma City area and my only local Joann's is on the north side of the city so I don't get up there very often. However, it is a very nice store, very clean and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Granted, some of the younger staff don't seem very knowledgeable or sure about what they are doing sometimes, but hey, we have all had a "start" to a learning period as far as employment. I try to have a good attitude and when I don't have a pleasant shopping experience, it is most often due to my attitude and not anyone I encountered in the store, itself. As far as good and bad fabric, that can be found nationwide in chain stores and privately owned quilt shops. I have found a lot of good quality quilting fabric as the Joann's mentioned above, but granted, I have had to take my time and look and feel to find the quality I'm looking for. And, that don't always have exactly what I might be looking for, but sometimes neither does my local QS always have what I'm looking for. As far as young people and the way they behave in a working environment is due in some part to the upbringing they have had by their parents. After all, some things are not always taught by the employer but it is expected that it has already been taught at a younger age.