Old 12-25-2020, 07:02 AM
Watson

I feel like I would like to do something else, but I cross those off my list and go back to what I've been doing, but somehow that doesn't make me any more productive, lol.
Do you ever go through this over-analysis of why you do what you do? How do you get away from it? Or figure out what you really enjoy?
On a different note, do you feel like you have to be "productive"?
I sort of went through that last year (2019) and it sucked the life right out of my enjoyment of quilting. In fact, not being productive was my New Years' Resolution for 2020.
In 2019 it felt like all I did was projects that I had to do....meeting deadlines and things that other people wanted. I was not enjoying it as it sucked all the creative time out of my quilting. It took me quite awhile to figure out why I was avoiding my quilting room. Once I did I finished up the "have to's" and put an end to them.
In 2020 I only did what I wanted to (Which included some quilts for others), and that made me much happier, more relaxed and creative in my sewing room. I stopped feeling like I needed to be "productive" and started feeling more like an artist and like this was for fun.
So... that's my answer to your very interesting question.
Watson