Thread: Babylock Jazz 2
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 07:16 AM
MeadowMist

Default Babylock Jazz 2

I recently read about the Babylock Jazz 2. Both the large throat and low price ($699) are very alluring yet I read so many had problems with the motor burning out very early. This was possibly due to a manufacturing malfunction and may or may not have been fixed.

For those of you have this machine, have you had the problem with the motor burning out?

Are there other machines at a comparable price with a large throat?

It looks like quite a bit of set up comes with this machine. My Janome came ready to use other than filling the bobbin and threading. Is the set up difficult?

Are there problems with tension? Sounds like one has to do a lot of fiddling to get it right.

Pictures of it look very "plain." I don't need a fancy machine but the pictures make it look like it does nothing other than straight stitch. Does it do more than that?

Will accessories from my Janomee fit on this or will it only take Babylock accessories?

Any other pro or con comments?

This would be a big splurge for me but worth it for the large throat space, but not so worth it if there are too many problems. My LQS sold Babylock's but they closed a year ago, now I would have to travel 75-100 miles just to try one of these out so most likely I would have to buy on-line without doing a test run.

Thanks!