View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 05:08 AM
MeadowMist

Julie, I hear you loud and clear!!! I love picking out the fabric and patterns, I love seeing everything come together, I love laying it out and trying different ways of putting it together. But quilting!!! Ugh. I cannot afford a long arm nor do I have the room, I don't even have the room for a dedicated quilting area. I cannot send it out for someone else to longarm it as 1) I can't afford it and 2) I want to be able to say I made the entire quilt myself. One of my quilting rules is that I can't start a new quilt until I finish the one I'm working on and I pretty much hold to this. If I didn't I would have way too many quilt tops hanging around.

One of my LQS's gives lessons on their long arm and then rents it out. I've considered trying this though COVID has held up that plan a bit. Not sure how much that would cost and if I even have the ability to use a long arm. Looks complicated. I've seen such nice quilting patterns, though, and sometimes that is what makes the quilt, especially if there is a lot of solid color background.

For now I'm going to stick to my straight line quilting, try to squish it under the throat, and make smaller quilts and maybe try stitch as you go. Much as I'd like to, I can't even stitch in the ditch! I have to look into some of these videos that are referenced, hopefully they will help.