View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 08:39 AM
Kitsie

Originally Posted by gardengirl1331 View Post
I have an iron that I don't like, it works fine, but the handle is wearing out, and is somehow sticky as it's wearing out (collecting dust and bits of fabric that just don't come off, and my hand sticks too, and it was dropped years ago so part is wonky, but doesn't affect use. I never use the steam function (I use a spray bottle with distilled water instead) and HATE the holes on it due to trying to get nice smooth fabric and good seams. The holes catch on every single seam. I found an older style iron without steam that gets good reviews, but it doesn't have any safety features like auto-shut off etc which I also really want.

Any suggestions out there? Price is an issue, so nothing horribly expensive. Thanks!!!
I never use a steam iron anymore. I use a misting bottle and put a bit of cheap vodka in the water (made of wheat or potato which contain "starch" but completely clear) I spray my fabrics on a scrap piece of old fabric then move it to my woolen matt for ironing. So almost any iron will do, no steam iron required!