View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 03:33 PM
sewingpup

I like the dies that do multiples of the same shape but I make simpler quilts. I find I use my 2 1/2 , 2 and 1 1/2 strip cutters a lot. I also have used the 5 inch square die (lots of patterns call for 5 inch squares) and 2 1/2 half inch square dies a lot. I do have more sizes of the triangle dies and also 2 inch and 3.5 inch square dies. The reason I do not like the cubes as much is that those dies only make one shape? I don't have any cubes....but I think that is what I saw. Sure you can layer the fabrics....but my 2.5 inch square die cuts 9 with one pass and if I layer then 4 fabrics thick, that is 36 2.5 inch squares I can cut with one pass. Same with the strip cutters. I like the dies that cut all the strips the same width better then the die that will cut one strip of multiple sizes (OK I did get the log cabin die which my friend tells me is amazing if making a scrappy log cabin of lights and darks. I do not get many of the applique dies or dies that make a special block because I don't think I would use then enough to justify the cost.