View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 07:16 AM
janiebakes

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have had foot trouble for a long time and finally broke down and bought SAS shoes. They worked well when I was still working because I needed shoes that didn't look like running shoes. When I stopped working and wore more athletic shoes I went to Road Runner Sports. They have a machine that you stand on, it measures your foot and creates an orthotic that fits your foot. You take out the liner of the shoe and put that in. It has worked so well for me I no longer have the pain in my feet. It's a lot cheaper than having a podiatrist make an orthotic and you you can put it in other shoes.
We are going to Disney World in November so I planning to get a new one for our trip. My other one is about 3 years old if not older.

If you don't have Road Runner Sports in your area, look for Foot Solutions stores. I make an appointment and they spend all the time I need to get fitted correctly. Like Road Runner, they also make orthotics you can put into different shoes, as long as those shoes have a removable foot bed. I LOVE the Finn Comfort brand. Made in Germany. Regular shoes in many styles including dressy. But they all have the removeable foot bed so my orthotic goes in. I have never met anyone happy with the orthotic their podiatrist made. The orthotics are 400 dollars and last 5 to 7 years. The Finn Comforts are in the 150 to 200 dollar range but last at least five years and can be resoled.