View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 06:40 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I am happy to enjoy another year here. Thank you Iceblossom.
i have made a ($22 ) purchase already this year ( which is truly rare for me) but just found out a niece is expecting and due the middle of March. I really didn’t have anything that would fit into her color choice ( gray) for that baby quilt, burp cloths and snuggle wraps. - I found some great Minky and flannels that are going to work well and it was nice to be able to take advantage of a good sale and buy something new.
the same day I received this news I had also packed up (2) large flat rate boxes of scraps and sent them off- so I did get rid of quite a bit more than I purchased.
i am looking at my stash with New Eyes- “ oh my goodness, I brought this fabric into the house when we moved in 15 years ago- and know I bought it a few years before that— if I haven’t found a use for it yet- I’m not going to- it’s gotta go!”
a couple times I have pulled something out and decided- I love this fabric and need to use it- instead of putting it back I’m keeping it out to be used- if it sits in my way too long I will let it go.
I’ve been good at shopping my stash first for years and on occasion invite someone else to come in and shop my stash. It is definitely becoming easier to see what’s there.
anyway.. happy for this new year, this forum and this great moratorium group!