View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 05:24 AM
sewingpup

I am going against the stream here, but I want an iron that turns itself off. I am ironing, the phone rings, somebody comes to the door, the dog starts barking, a delivery man comes, the dryer rings it is done, etc. Problem is that sometimes something else is a distraction and I may forget that the old iron is just sitting there. When I get ready to iron something, I bring it to the ironing board, give my iron a shake, arrange my pieces to press and by the time they are arranged on the board, the iron is hot again. My iron simply heats back up pretty fast with a little shake. There have been times when my iron is blinking at me indicating it has turned itself off and the sole is totally cold. Oh my, was I ignoring my iron that long? The safety folks made iron's that turn themselves off for a reason. I think if you called and asked your local fire department what they think of irons that don't turn themselves off, you will get an opinion. Now you may be more focused than I am. I do unplug my iron when I am done or know I am not going to need it for a while.
Oh, I do have my ironing board where I need to get up and walk to it as I figure I need to get up and move once in a while so I press my piecing in batches, not as I go.