View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Gemm

Over the last couple of days I've been approaching this organization thing from a different direction. I've decided to organize my ideas. I tend to acquire fabric in a rather haphazard/unplanned way which means that there's very little cohesiveness in my collection, although some trends do emerge. What I decided to do, therefore, is without unpacking everything and making a huge mess, I took a quick peek into various boxes and then started making a list of quilts/projects I would like to make and trying to match up bits of my collection with each idea. So far I'm at 13 quilts/projects on my list which is a huge number to my way of thinking, but am feeling less overwhelmed in general because not only do I have the idea, but I have somewhere to start for each of them.

As an example, I noticed I have a TON of small pieces (like much of my collection, most are FQ or smaller) of floral fabrics in a variety of styles and colours. Rryder recently posted his September 2021 Debby Brown colorblock quilt and I thought I might like to try that pattern using some of these florals. I'm hoping this means that when I do have the time and energy to go in and actually start looking at/sorting fabric, I can bring those florals together in a meaningful project. :-)

So many of my ideas have come from what I've seen on QB, so thank you all for being so generous with your pictures and projects! I hope to be able to report some success with my new system soon.