View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 07:07 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Oh yohkos. Fabric is everywhere. Scraps are everywhere. Dead quilter's stashes are everywhere and in need of re-homing. I suggest anyone in need of fabric to sew, get involved in a local group or guild. Networking is a great way to find cheap fabric. Often it will be given to you free in a group setting. It takes a little ingenuity, but sitting around complaining won't get you there.

Sewing machine died and you can't afford the $6000 replacement? Then what are you doing in the new machine store? I have a herd of vintage machines that I found at flea markets and estate sales for a pittance. I have some really great Singer 301s that I paid $25 for, in the original cabinets, because somebody got old and their family just wanted to get rid of them. They are the most pleasant machines to sew on! And they last forever with a little regular cleaning and oil.

The women on this board (and some men...) are a resourceful and creative bunch. You won't find much sympathy here in complaining you don't have a sugar daddy to buy things for you.