View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 08:05 AM
Gemm

Welcome Scuba and Dunster. Always nice to have more people to travel this journey with.

I've not been doing much in the sewing room during the last couple of weeks, but when I do, I'm making tiny houses. This is fun because I'm playing with so much of my stash to get lots of variety in what will be a village of houses soon, but I'm realizing it's not exactly an efficient use of stash. Big eyeroll there! Each house is about 4.5"x7" so...

I am sure one day I will find one of those mythical stashbusters where you sew for a while and when you turn around, the huge stack of fabric has been turned into something beautiful and easier to deal with, a la Rumplestiltskin... but I've not found it yet. :-)

In the meantime, all of this exploring of fabric has helped me identify a couple of fabrics that I can't really see ever using in a quilt top - however, they are bright and pretty and so I'm thinking of creating a specific space for these fabrics that could be used as baby/toddler quilt backings since there's just about enough of them for that. A new "section" in my stash store!