Thread: Ut oh......
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 12:47 AM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My husband does the same. I have to watch saying I'd like to have something. He has no idea what he's buying and usually buys the wrong thing. On top of that, he over pays for stuff. I've learned to keep my mouth shut. lol
Actually, what surprises me about mine is that he's never overpaid for anything. He's such a good haggler when it comes to price that there have been a couple of times that I would have felt guilty for paying so little had it been me.

I'm really not sure what to do with the antiques right now. Of course, they'll be looked over carefully and researched, then I'll decide what to do with them. Naturally, the antique appreciator in me wants to restore them, but the realist in me knows that I might be in over my head and I don't want to damage these ladies any further than they have been. Most were stored outside in sheds or on back decks, the fact that they are inside my house and will be put away properly and monitored will stop a lot of further damage, so I feel like I'm preserving them in a way. They'll get cleaned up when I find the time, but anything further than that will have to wait. The 15-87 he brought home last week takes precedence because that one is mine and I want to get her working again. "Betty" comes first.