View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 06:45 AM
Three Dog Night

I did my first Hawaiian block in 2012 taking an online class by Nancy Chong and I loved it. I even designed my own 42x42 wall hanging and am currently working on a large king size quilt. I also am lucky enough to live in Snohomish, WA where Nancy Chong now teaches and holds classes/workshops montly. I attend her Help with Hand Applique class monthly and most of the time it is just the 2 of us quilting and visiting and very relaxing with a friend. I do regular piecing, quilt my own quilts with FMQ, do ruler work quilts but I keep my Hawaiian quilt projects next to my chair when I watch TV. True Hawaiian quilting is needleturn applique and hand quilted using echo quilting but many use machine applique and quilt by machine. You will find that you either love it or hate it. 1st pic is Ulu block first Hawaiian block, 2nd pic my design called Whale Tails, 3rd my bed quilt blocks and last is PRQC pattern Orchid Oasis using Kaffe fabric.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00976-g.jpg   dsc00984-.jpg   dsc02283-.jpg   dsc02397-.jpg