View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Snooze2978

I can relate to the sticker shock of fabric prices these days. I haven't shopped for fabric since Nov. 2018 and even then I thought it was getting too high priced. Luckily I have a good amount of stash on hand but it never fails when you're looking for a certain fabric and can't find it in the stash.

I was looking for a simple dark blue for a backing so went looking for a flat sheet at the local thrift shop. I kept looking for it plus looked at Walmart for just a flat sheet which is hard to find just the flat sheet alone. I was able to find flat sheets only for sale on Amazon though and bought a dozen twin size back when I needed to cover everything in my sewing room during construction. Those sheets have come in handy for many other reasons too so it wasn't a bad deal for me.

But while cleaning out my machine room, especially under my quilt frame, wouldn't you know it, I found a queen size flat sheet, navy blue that would work for what I wanted. So for me it just took patience until I find it.

Check out your local thrift stores gals as every once in awhile someone is unloading their stash and you can't beat the prices. Also I've found prices at Quilted Twins online is still decent too.

I have enough projects started and quilts to be quilted to keep me busy for the rest of the year so I'm good for now.

My sister has always been afraid that if I go before she does and mind you she's older than me with health issues, she's afraid she'll have problems unloading my sewing room. I told her all she has to do is just list it as "quilter's delight", low prices and she'll have it cleared out in a day or less.