View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 10:16 AM
woodland creature

So I knew this was going to happen, and there was no stopping it. But I'm still feeling a wee bit guilty. There is a young man who basically grew up at our house, so we are very close to him and his wife. They are now pregnant with their second child, a girl. I made a quilt for their son, and while I loved working on it because of who it was for, it was not my favorite, either in style or fabric (but the parents loved it, so there you go!). So when they asked me to make another one for their daughter, I knew what I was in for. Needless to say, they sent me some photos of what they would like, and all the quilts had large pink flowers in them. As I hate pink, and as I tend to not be drawn to large scale prints, there was absolutely nothing in my stash that would work. $100 later, the fabric is now on it's way here. As I bought enough for both the quilt top and backing, there isn't even any stash diving for the back. The baby is due in August, so at least it's not something that is going to end up as a UFO.