View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 09:45 AM
MaryKa

Well my favorite recipe is made with turkey. I am no longer allowed to eat red meat so I get ground turkey in place of beef and then I eat boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I do get turkey breast slices some times and cook it in my toaster oven.
I refuse to pay for something I'm going to not eat.

When you make the turkey meat loaf, make it as directed and add tomato sauce on top after baking it 3/4 of the way done. then return it to the oven and finish cooking to a minimum of 165d. ALSO keep quite about it being turkey and they will NOT know the difference. Make a "new rule". You put it on your plate You eat it. No throw outs. They can come back for seconds if they want and you approve.

So you don't know the difference Cook 3 or 4 miniture meat loaves exactly the same except for the meat. Then freeze them simply as meatloaf using your favorite recipe. Once they are frozen take to moving them around by "stiring the packs" and not having labeled the pack as anything except meatloaf you will be able to prove to yourself that there is no difference in the taste as you do not tast the meat but the spices and using the same spices in both makes them taste the same.

Happy Cooking.

Last edited by MaryKa; 06-28-2022 at 09:50 AM.