Old 07-01-2022, 08:18 PM
quiltsfor

I decided to go through my scraps again. Since I like to use a lot of 2.5" strips/jelly rolls, I decided to cut my scraps into 2.5" strips. Anything that is smaller than 2.5" I'll just be tossing.

The fabric that I really can't stand, is screen printed and feels like plastic, I just can't bring myself to use it. So, I'm going to put it the trade room at our local transfer (dump) station for anyone who wants it. They won't let me put in a bag of scraps (too much like trash to them), but they okayed a closed zip lock of yardage. When I bought it, I didn't realize that it was screen printed -- not labeled as such-- and purchased 8 yards of it for using it in some blocks of a pattern plus for the backing and binding. I started to use it, but quickly replaced it with a different fabric. It actually feels like a waterproof outer shower curtain fabric.

I feel better, knowing at least the majority of it will be used.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions and well wishes. Had a turn with my cold and ended up in the ER for most of the afternoon today. Had some breathing issues with bronchial spasms with all the coughing from my sore throat, but got meds and feeling and breathing much easier now! Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the holiday weekend!