View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 06:29 PM
Gemm

I've just been looking back over the last several posts and realized how great this thread is. I love the fact that we all come here to listen, confess, celebrate, occasionally help to justify, and encourage. You are all such awesome folks and I'm grateful for you and your participation here. :-) Phatquilts, rryder, Rff, happylab - thanks for your stories!

I have a small celebration. After being stuck for weeks because I don't have enough of the one fabric I really wanted to use in my current project, I decided to go to the LQS to find something I would be happy to work with, even though I had already pulled a couple of good candidates from my stash. The celebration? I did NOT go. I got the opinions of a few people on one of the stash fabrics (including Iceblossom, who is still eye-deep in packing up her life and preparing for her move) and I have decided the LQS can wait. I particularly liked Iceblossom's response to my comment that "I loved this fabric when I bought it back in the '90s..." "So it's time it was used!" Now I just need to find a clear surface (the rest of the quilt is currently laid out where I usually cut) and I'll hopefully be able to get this one out of my to-do pile!