View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 07:19 AM
blueberrygirl

Thank you to OurWorkbench, QuiltMom2, and quilted sunshine for responding to my question about the Grace EZ3 frame. I have had technical difficulty posting replies--hope this works.

I was only curious about the original price charged by the Grace Co as a point of comparison with the wildly varying prices showing up on eBay and, from time to time, on Amazon. Initially, I had considered a Grace frame as a means to accomplishing basting, which is my main issue as I have zero table, floor, or wall space. But then, I came upon a great, inexpensive basting solution which others might like to know about. On quilting-tidbits.com, there are directions for making a basting frame using wooden rails which are screwed together to accommodate the size of your quilt. When the frame is assembled, you rest it on the backs of 4 chairs. Attach the quilt layers to the frame using large office-type binding clips. Then baste with a basting gun. This is perfect for my situation. But how can I have never heard about this before? I’ve been reading, attending classes, following quilters on Instagram, etc. for ten years without coming upon this idea. Well, I’m just grateful to have found it now and looking forward to implementing it. Does anyone else out there use a basting frame and gun? If so, how well does it work for you?