View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Gemm

Welcome, Quiltsfor! So glad you've found us and that our little support group of cheerleaders have been helpful already!

WMU - I think you've hit on something really important. We have access to so much great content online but I've also found I need to avoid just looking at fabric because it's just too tempting. I'm fine as long as I stick with patterns and tutorials because I can always picture my own stash fabric in the project.

I had a little fall off the wagon (more like a toe dipped in) when I was at the thrift store the other day, but they had a great Hoffman Woodcut and it was enough yardage for a backing for one of my smaller quilts (my stash is mostly half-yards and smaller) so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I also took some time last week to sort out some of the mess I'd made recently and was pleasantly surprised to find that all of my fabric actually does fit into the boxes I have dedicated to it, and there's room for this new piece, too.

I also found a bunch of blocks that I'd tucked away and so now they are on my sewing table and will hopefully be moving into the "finished quilt tops" box soon. :-) This one is also using 20+ year old fabric. Nice to know I was choosing fabrics with lasting appeal (for me, anyway) back then, because I still really like it. :-)