View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 12:10 AM
quiltingcandy

In looking for an embroidery machine figure out what do you want to make? Check out a lot of the embroidery websites and check out the sizes of the pattern you like. I know there are programs out there that will divide a design into sections but you may just want to get a machine with a larger hoop. My friend has the Brother 770 which the largest hoop is 5x7 and she loves it. She wanted the stand alone embroidery machine. I have the Viking Topaz 20 which the largest hoop is 200mm x 260 mm, roughly 8 x 11. My machine will use the magnetic hoops - which are nice for fabric you don't want to hoop. I use a lot of Accuquilt applique designs that need an 8 x 8, hoop. My friend uses my machine when she need something larger. My machine is a sewing/embroidery machine. I take it with me to my friend's home in AZ. I have used it to sew and embroider. But my main sewing machine at home is the Janome MC6600P. it"s now 10 years old and the man that services it said it should last another 10 at least. Hopefully you live where there are dealers you can go test drive a few machines before making a decision. I highly recommend taking lessons on the machine you buy. There are so many details to learn and the classes are do beneficial.