Old 04-02-2023, 08:15 AM
sewingpup

umm...I am also remembering that my Inspira frame developed a sag in the middle which resulted in the distance between the machine and the quilt being larger in the middle then on the two ends. So, this was a problem with getting good stitches. I can't remember if I just got bad stitches, or the thread was breaking. I got tired of trying to keep the quilt level and the small area to quilt on especially at the end of a larger quilt. So, when I retired, I bought a used APQS Lucey which has a 26-inch neck and a much better frame that doesn't sag. No retirement cruises for me! Just a new long arm. Love it. 2-3 more quilts and I have made my money back for the purchase of this set-up compared to sending my quilts out to be done. I am glad however that I got my mega quilter and Inspira frame because I learned I really could quilt myself although if I have a very special quilt to do, I do send it out for custom quilting as I am just not wonderful at that. My go to is a meander plus. I throw little motifs in like leaves, bubbles, or hearts. I am not very good at spirals. They look funny!