View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have had my HQ-16 for about 5 years now, and have been pretty happy with it...only issue i've had was distance, my problem, not their's. I am starting to feel like it would be nice to think about changing up to something else but it was a good machine to learn on and i have put out some pretty nice quilts :thumbup:
i do think though if you are in an area where there are an assortment of machines to try out you should try out as many different brands as possible before making a purchase. i am happy with my machine, but really wish i had looked around a bit more. i have seen some with some cool features. mine does have a stitch regulator and the lazer stylis for doing pantigraphs. i guess an important part of the decision is location of a dealer, for tech and maintenance support...i live in michigan and the handi-quilter company is in utah; the closest shop here is over 300 miles away. the company has been very good about helping me 'long-distance' with tech support and with mechanical issues.
good luck, i do believe it is worth the money as a beginner long-arm quilter to learn and practice on.