View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 09:59 AM
quiltingcandy

I have had my Accuquilt GO since 2010. Bought it after watching it on "Simply Quilts" and a demonstration at the Road to California quilt show. It was being displayed by Eleanor Burns' Quilt In A Day. What sold me at first was the 2.5 inch strip die and the clam shell. When I first saw it I thought there was going to be a lot of waste too. But that's just not the case. You need to watch the videos and know how to put the fabric onto the dies so they don't stretch on the die going thru the cutter and you will never be disappointed. I watch the weekly shows on YouTube and/or FaceBook. When I made my first HST quilt with no cutting off dog-ears and they all measured up without cutting I decided to buy my first Qube. (A Qube puts a group of dies that all fit together to make a specific size block. I like bigger blocks so I bought a 10 inch Qube.). To me there is no waste. And if you like applique and embroidery there is a lot more fun. I love sewing quilts for family and friends not making heirloom quilts. They are to be used and enjoyed so don't want to worry about a "scant" 1/4 inch seam and when to use it. With Accuquilt it's always 1/4 inch. Hope you enjoy it, I can't say enough good things about it. It's an investment but well worth it for me.