View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 08:08 PM
thimblebug6000

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
The reason that I asked the original question was because people don't follow the wrtten directions that they are given and I want to be better informed about something I make or give as a gift. It is common knowledge you shouldn't piace bowl or plate cozies in the microwave; potato and tortilla bags will scorch or start on fire if they aren't clean; and potholders will burn if the pan is too hot; but that doesn't mean that people will follow those guidelines. My biggest concern was the use of ink on the digital prints as ink and dye are very different products. After I posted my original question, I contacted a couple of fabric retailers and a fabric manufacturer who could not tell me if dgital prints are more flammable or give off toxins. As a result I have made the personal decision to not use any digital fabrics when I make anything that might come in contact with food, heat or children. I hope that I am being overly cautious and will be proved wrong, as I am afraid that digital prints are all that will be available in the future, but until we have more experience with them, I'm going to be careful.
a very confusing time we are living in, but I think you have a good plan.