View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 12:24 PM
quiltsfor

Same as Iceblossom. I see no harm in using a cutting mat that is in good repair/shape.

No matter what we do, or use, there are warnings about it being safe. Some warnings are even silly, like - I saw on a cardboard box once that held a microwave meal: 'Warning: do not eat outer box or plastic cover'. Even some of the meds I take have warnings, that though it will help my illness/health problem, it could also kill me or cause cancer.

A lot of warnings are only there to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits.

While I'm not about to go out and stand in a vapor cloud of chemicals, I also can't live in a bubble - that would probably also have a label on it that it may cause cancer.

You can be careful without being paranoid. For instance, for myself, when I purchase an item that has a strong odor to it (some plastics, rubber items, silicone items), I will generally open it up and let it outgas a bit before moving it into a smaller area where I would use it, where there is less ventilation.

Only you can judge for yourself after reading the warnings. If you don't feel safe, don't use it. If you do, use it correctly.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 10-26-2023 at 12:30 PM.