Old 11-03-2023, 05:50 AM
Iceblossom

I am hoping Happylab or someone explores different color ways. I am pretty certain this year that I just have so much dark and light blue yardage that it won't be me. But I did find a large piece of a rather lovely more cinnamon brown than red with a creamy gold design that could be awesome with slightly changed colors (especially going more cream/tan in the neutrals).

I was able to spend some time going through the stash yesterday, both for the mystery and to look for some things for my new sewing group. One of the members is looking for some "French" fabric, I know I did have some Paris in pink from a couple of years ago when I was collecting travel fabrics but I don't think that made the move. I think I have some wine themed fabric that may have French vintage names and grapes. Don't think it is French enough but I did find a great true red background with small black poodles in sort of a 50s style, I've kept that out if I use red prints for the mystery quilt.

I did find my solids box but no single red piece large enough for the mystery. If I feel secure enough, I might be able to use them in sets or in centers, but I am concerned about if a true red is touching a more orange- or blue-red.

Today I will be going back to the stash looking for reds to audition. I've found a couple of reds that are probably a bit short of what is needed that I would really like to use as a single fabric, will measure to double check. I've found one print that would work and is big enough, and of course, I have enough scraps to go that direction. I am leaning towards using one print or the multiple solid reds.