View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 09:24 PM
nickie876

Question rusted up tight 301a plz help

hey guys so i was given a Singer 301a and well it was in very poor shape. I know it may be beyond help but i wanted to try, at least i would get experience out of it. so anyway all the pieces are there and some attahments, the carrying case/suitcase was completely destroyed beyond repair. there is rust in different spots ranging from a little to extreme. the bobbincase is completely rusted into the shuttle race, the hand wheel turns but no other moving parts, everything is siezed or rusted up tight. i have been able to remove the needle bar and the pressor foot bar but the counterweight and the needle thread uptake do not move at all. i tried looking it up i kow it could be something with the bobbin/shuttle position but i dont know how or where to go from here. so ill attach a few pics to show you. any thoughts or advice would be awesome. unless i am to just scrap the whole shuttle race and bobbin and get a new one. but i dont know how one would do that lol the feed dogs are also rusted pretty bad too.

oh also i checked the motor she runs great, i fixed the pedal, but the gear thats attached to motor does make contact and spin with the handwheel gear but like i said nothing else moves and the handwheel and clutch are out of machine now but still nothing. plz help me if you can. i tried the manual and adjustment manual with no luck. sorry about the oily looking machine i was letting it sit so i can maybe get things loosened.
Attached Thumbnails thumbnail_image1.jpg   thumbnail_image2.jpg   thumbnail_image3.jpg   thumbnail_image5.jpg