Old 12-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Iceblossom

Warms my heart to see the help that is offered. So many good suggestions, we all think/do things a bit differently and generally a picture (or video) are worth 10,000 of my words!!

GailGL -- I was also thinking if maybe your "too-small" sides might just be a visual because of how the seam allowances work. Do your units work from bottom to top, red flat and neutral above the point? If they measure correctly into squares, I'd keep plowing ahead and figure it is just the visual. If they are narrower one direction or the other than we have more issues. If your red top points go into the seam allowance but are otherwise the right dimensions, well there are worse things than some snubbed triangles.

I'm cutting my reds while my new piece of neutral is in the prewash. Is great for this project, almost white background with tiny red and blue figures. It was a precut (1 yard) markdown of Marcus Brother fabrics for less than $3.00 for the yard!! I am low on neutrals, I'm hoping to end this project with some left but I do want to use up most of the bundle of fat eighths I bought. It is amazing with as much fabric as I have, but after the Grassy Creek project I was pretty much completely out of grays (and I had quite a bit of gray given to me) so I bought a bundle of half yard pieces when I got this neutral on my fabric road trip. I also know that I am low on greens, and pretty much have zero of the aqua sort of color Bonnie likes.

I still have to be somewhat concerned if we match the red ends, but I'm feeling pretty confident with the white sides so I am starting with one strip each of my various reds, most of which are in the true/darker reds which are very close in color. I have used up one odd shaped piece. In dim light (ie, my current sewing room set up) very hard to tell that some of these are different at all. Because they out-number the pieces heading towards more orange-red, I'll cut two strips of that if I need more than what I've cut so far.

No song or music yet for this project but that will come! I did pick my last book (Indigo Isle) because of this project.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 12-02-2023 at 09:00 AM.