View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 09:22 AM
c joyce

I know it sounds heartless and uncaring but I don't care what happens to my starter block or yours. I will do my best on yours by following your manifesto and Ricky's twist and also take hints from what the previous Flinger has done. I don't want anyone to worry or fret over mine - it's just fabric, but the finished piece will be irreplaceable and priceless as it has the heart and soul of 6 quilters stitched into it. Will I ever give it away? NEVER. I've been scouting around my home for the perfect place to hang it...the living room, a seldom used bathroom, guest room to discourage long stays, in the laundry room...it will have a permanent place somewhere in my home waiting to be shown to visitors and bragged about how 6 strangers became the team that brought it to life.
I plan to copy the pictures of my piece from beginning to end and put into a sleeve protector and somehow attach to the back of the hanging so its historic (the 1st class of its kind by Ricky Tims) humble beginnings from one block to a finished piece of art that will tell the story and the label will give credit to all the artists.
All of you are so brave to go on this adventure and I am so grateful to a part of it with you.
Wishing all very Happy Holidays and a New Year full of quilting,
Joyce

Last edited by c joyce; 12-08-2023 at 09:41 AM. Reason: not finished