Old 12-16-2023, 06:48 AM
Iceblossom

Not done with Clue 3 yet but getting there. I was thinking ahead to Clue 4 where I'm sure it's going to take me quite a bit of concentration to get the neutral/dark blue color placement correct... I was also looking at the 4 strong distinctive neutral prints I have left and the couple of remaining scraps and decided that I wanted more diversity like I have in my other sets. So I called "road trip" to the hubby and we went the 40 or so miles to Bloomington to the fabric store I found before. Seems like a long way to go, but with standard yardage about $7 per yard and sale cuts and the gas is cheaper than postage. I can generate a lot of reasons/excuses to buy more fabric!

While we were out there, we got some of the the best local bbq we've found so far. Hubby's "ketovore" (mostly meat) diet means we do a lot of bbq and sometimes use that to plan our trips. Not that he wasn't willing before, but so long as we can combine Bolines (fabric) with Annies (bbq) he is willing to do the driving for me.

After this post I'll have to take the new neutrals out of the dryer. Then to finish Clue 3. I have maybe 1/3 of the blocks complete and the combined neutral/light blue triangles sewn and clipped together to their dark blue sides for all the others. I can do it.. I might get distracted moving in some furniture and setting up a stereo so there is a possibility I miss this deadline too. But no more fabric buying this week