View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 12:54 PM
c joyce

Hope everyone's New Year is off to a great start.
I was thinking about this adventure we're on and decided to go back and look at the orientation video again to make sure my mind is still going in the right direction. It was enlightening as I heard things, this time that I didn't hear or didn't fully understand by only watching once.
To my surprise, I am following the intent of the process better than I thought. I was thinking I was perhaps too aggressive and making inappropriate changes/additions to the 2 pieces I've worked on so far. I'm more comfortable now after watching the video again. The biggest help for me was seeing Ricky's piece using this process - he showed it's beginning block and what the final finished piece - nothing in between...a really beautiful transformation.
Just thought if you are struggling with this Mad Adder process, like me, you might want to review that video now that you have some experience. I just keep telling myself this is not a traditional round robin and it's okay not to follow those traditional "rules" because there are no rules for a Mad Adder.
Happy Quilting - slicing, dicing and being non-traditional
Joyce