View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 04:27 AM
quiltsfor

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I believe I’m returning my new Black & Decker Elite iron. When I lift it, the fabric comes up with it then drops off. I know it sounds like static electricity but we have adequate humidity in the house and I’ve changed nothing except replaced my old iron. I have anti static spray ( I kept it in my office when I worked ) so I used it and fabric still clings. This is beyond annoying.
Have you tried cleaning the sole plate? It is possible it is an iron someone returned, who used something on it or used fusibles with it. If not, perhaps the sole plate didn't get polished or have a smooth finish. Have you tried different fabric, or does it do it to all different fabric? I've had poly blend do this with static, but it doesn't do it with 100% cotton. If it isn't any of the above, then yes, I would return/exchange it.

For myself, I like irons with stainless steel sole plates and my large iron has stainless steel. I also have a small iron with a ceramic sole plate, that I use too. I don't have a problem with either one, but I only use 100% cotton fabric.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 01-15-2024 at 04:29 AM.