View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:59 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I am just catching up on the health news posted in here. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Yiaya -- there are so many wonderful treatments out there even if it is Stage 4. If she remains positive and as she is young, she has an excellent chance of knocking that cancer out of her body. Bigtime prayers!

Peckish -- your poor mom! What a crazy thing to have happened! What did the doctors say happened ultimately? I am glad she had you to stay with until she could get up and around on her own again. Is she going to physical therapy for this?
I'm catching up too!

Yiaya - I second Ibex's comment that your niece may still have an excellent prognosis even if she's stage 4. Hopefully her doctor(s), in addition to her treatments, have also advised her to avoid all sugar, which is a known cancer trigger and grower.

Regarding my mom - the doctors diagnosed her with torn or strained ligaments in her hip. No breaks, no physical therapy needed. She just needs to rest those muscles and be patient. She's a pretty physically active woman, so I don't think she'll have any problems other than being bored.

Side note - did you know this? The docs at the ER told us that x-rays only catch about 80% of breaks. They didn't see anything broken on my mom's x-ray, but she was in so much pain they wanted to make sure, so they did a CT scan, which they said would catch 99% of fractures. Hers came back clear, but it kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it? Why bother with x-rays if CT is more accurate and clear?