View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 04:29 PM
ibex94

Great questions and observations, 1CharmShort. So in theory, we get our original flimsy by Apr 3. In our case, we should not open our package until we meet for a grand reveal with one another in Zoom. Since Peckish is up to her ears in tax stuff as a CPA we cannot do the reveal until Apr 16 at the soonest. I am waiting to hear from her before the date for our grand reveal is finalized.

I am going to be in .... wait for it..... Hawaii .... !!!!! (my first time there) the week of April 15 for my professional meetings. I may have to get Peckish to hold onto my Flimsy to share at the reveal because I don't particularly want to take it to Hawaii with me but I guess I can always record my reveal before I leave and then show you my tape of my reveal while in Hawaii.

Here's a second question you asked.... I have no specific requests for a final product. I wanted it small because I want a wall hanging. If it needs borders and it doesn't come with borders, I will add them. We all get to play around with whatever we get. The only playing that I anticipate is that I will be adding all sorts of charm touches to the flimsy before I quilt it.

I believe we have to quilt it up and show a finished product to earn that "pin" that he is giving to the challenge folks who finish their projects. I also think that we get to slice and dice the final product as well. Perhaps that is our April challenge?

It is a bit to early for me to give feedback on this particular challenge. I am frustrated with not being able to talk about things along the way and the distance between us is really bad for staying in touch effectively. As a coordinator not being able to contact participants quickly really is awful. I didn't find the challenges particularly unwieldy until the tidbits. I probably made it harder than it needed to be. We were all Tims' guinea pigs on this project so I'm sure he is working out what he needs to do the next time around. He provided us with wonderful examples of what he expected for each round and gave his reasoning which allowed all of us to take what we needed from the lectures. His "lessons" were nice but the real gem of this challenge is our amazing team. Even if we (QB Flinging Flimsies) didn't meet every month in Zoom. It would have been fun to meet with some of the people in the other groups along the way.

Anyone thinking about going to England to meet the UK groups? Wouldn't that be great? It is certainly a good excuse for us to meet in person, lol.

The quilting process itself has been wonderful. I love trying to figure out how to add the challenge onto the flimsy and I love how they are looking and I love the skills I have learned. The hardest part for me has been deciding how to augment each flimsy but once I decide, it comes along swimingly. Tims said he was willing to look at things and give us suggestions but he didn't push that at the beginning and so that is a resource of which I never took advantage. He will end up as a resource into the future if we want to use him, I'm sure. He's just like that.

Last edited by ibex94; 03-07-2024 at 04:31 PM.