View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 06:18 PM
c joyce

I think it turned out to be very much like a traditional round robin except that you didn't have to go all the way around the piece - any number of sides you wanted to do. I did a lot or rearranging to some of the pieces and actually did cut into someone else's work (at the seams). There was not as much artistic freedom as I was led to believe in the pre-class material and the first lesson.
I agree, that the final challenge of unifying the piece belongs to the owner of the piece. I am assuming that at the end and before the completed quilted piece is posted, the owner of the piece may do whatever they want to. The final picture posted by the last person does not dictate the final quilted piece for the May show and tell.
Did I learn anything new? I learned how to hide elements into a quilt that on a normal day would not have been considered. But I did "meet" some terrific talented quilters and that's always worth the price of admission.
Would I do it again? Not being in the same local area, made it expensive - cost of class + postage probably made it close to $200 (I haven't actually totaled it). Doing it again, I'll have to think about, especially if all of you were not coming along for the ride too. Juana has been such a good leader and we have Janet keeping the pictures - what a great team those two are.
Has Ricky given as much time to Mad Adders that it needs for a first go-around? I don't think so. At some point he should have reviewed a few of the starting pieces (from a couple of groups) after a couple of passes to at least give a critique that we are headed in the right direction or missing the mark. Collectively, it is not a small sum that he has been paid for this class.
In the end, we will all have a completed quilt. It will not end up in the UFO pile and like I said before, it will be on display somewhere in my home and be a happy reminder of the ladies of the QB Flinging Flimsies!