View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 09:47 AM
ibex94

I just thought about something else that the presentation of Ricky Tims' "harmony and unity" lecture is likely going to influence in my life.... ways to pull together those leftover blocks or stand alone tries along the way. I have a ton of them! Changing scale on patterns to help unify the misc hodge podge, repeating themes, overlapping items, etc. will make some of my UFOs into something really fun despite the crazy range of fabrics.

I am working on my paper pieced turtle today. I'll post a picture in here when done. :-) This is the free pdf turtle pattern I sent everyone via personal email from Paper Panache (https://www.paperpanache.com/free-patterns). Print out two copies of the one page pattern because A, B, and C need to be produced independently before being merged and you need to cut the pattern into an A, B and C section with seam allowance added in. The first page can be cut into A and C using the middle B for the seam allowance. The second page is where you cut the B section with its seam allowance. If you can do the fabric without needing the seam allowance along the edge, that will be one less piece of paper to deal with on the backs of the project.