View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:57 AM
ibex94

Hi Peckish -- it is just the mail is unreliable in my part of the world. The good news is that as of this morning the tracking says I am scheduled to get it tonight. We'll see. If it doesn't arrive, I go to the post office tomorrow to have all mail held beginning Monday so the flimsy isn't stolen while I am gone.

We had the vote already and for those who voted, April 16 was the preference so let's stick with it. If Shawnee is still holding onto your flimsy, she can show it to you in the Zoom. I will be sending Joyce a picture of hers for the Zoom. If I get the flimsy, it will be a picture with my add on. If I don't get the flimsy, it will be the picture you sent me, Peckish. Plix has arranged to have Joyce show hers during the zoom. It should be a fun meeting even if we don't have our flimsies in hand.

Great things come to those who wait, right? I keep telling myself that.

Yiaya, I have not had a chance to cut and sew on those beautiful fabrics you sent me. I cannot give you any feedback on whether or not they are going to act right. I have no reason to think they won't. Batiks tend to hold their needle holes better when my seam ripper is used so I better not make any mistakes on that fabric! Kona is much better about absorbing my ripping trauma. When I return from my conference, I will likely use some to do a Hawaiian applique. I'll give you a review of your beautiful dyed fabric then. It is exciting to see you get excited about your artistry! 30 yards of fabric -- wow! Are you getting the bolts from Marshall Dry Goods? They are the only ones I know of who have reasonably priced bolts out there.

Last edited by ibex94; 04-12-2024 at 11:05 AM.