Thread: Jury Duty!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Up North
I have been thinking about this and just wanted to add something that keeps coming to mind. Keep in mind I don't like the way they do this either but
Our servicemen and women would like to be home for things like their babys birth, birthday party, holidays and they can't because they are serving our country. If we think of it as our duty to our country, to keep the world safer by serving on a jury, even tho we don't like it and don't like having our time in limbo. Maybe we could all see it differently . Not beating anyone up her just something that kept coming into my mind today.
Difference would be, I didn't sign up for the military, and please don't get me wrong, I'm VERY supportive of our military! I come from and am part of a military family!
I do think of serving on a jury as a civic duty, and am happy to serve. I'm just not happy with the way they go about tying up my life for two weeks for something that may never happen. I'm afraid it would take a lot for me to see it differently!